Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery top floor flat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery top floor flat

Hello,
    There is a weird situation in the house which I bought the ground floor with garden 6 months ago. I am one of the 3 freeholders with a long lease along side same as other 2 freeholders. After moving in, I notice there is a top floor flat which not mentioned in any legal documents from land registery. Not long later, another freeholder contacted me about the mystery top floor flat as the person lives in the top floor make a lot of noise almost every early morning and leave his work tools in the commute area as his private storage. So we decided to complain to our management company as none of the 3 freeholders is landlord of the top floor(attic floor). But according to the annual financial statements from the management company, someone has been paying service fee for the mystery top floor for many years. We questioned our managers :who is the owner of the top floor? Is there a lease? All 3 freeholders live in the property (basement flat, ground floor flat, first floor flat) but none owns the top floor. The management company has never answered our query since we emailed 3 months ago.
    Is anyone can explain this situation? And if anything can do to evict the person lives in the top floor?
Working...
X