Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query re Unadopted Roads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query re Unadopted Roads

We have recently bought a house in an unadopted road. I have ascertained that the water and sewage are maintained by the water companies and I have been informed from the local council land charges department that it is classed as a private road. I have submitted a request to the Land Registry (£4) to see if the road is registered and am waiting on a reply, but there is nothing in the deeds of the house covering this issue.

There is a local residents association that maintains the road but it is in a pretty poor shape and not all residents will agree to contribute. I am trying to get an understanding of what options are open to us to try and get a resolution to these issues.

If we were to approaach the council to get the road adopted what is involved in getting all the residents to contribute. If we leave part of the road in "an unfit state" and the council are forced to do repairs do the council just bill those residents that have frontages on the parts that need repairing.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X