Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indemnity insurance problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gb93616
    replied
    Re: Indemnity insurance problem

If you have the paperwork, you won't need an indemnity insurance it covers any chance of the council taken action if you don't have planning or building regs.
    If I were you, I wouldn't tell anyone you've spoken to the council and just let things run their own course.
    I'm worry about something similar, maybe we all worry ourselves too much..?

Leave a comment:

• dan123
    started a topic Indemnity insurance problem

Indemnity insurance problem

Hi. I've found out that because I contacted the council regarding a conservatory at the property we are buying then we can't purchase indemnity insurance for it. I just don't get the issue. I have a copy of the approved application and the council have said everything is fine. The conservatory was built in 2004.
    Doing some research online I've worried myself now because I'm thinking that if the mortgage lender insist on an indemnity insurance for the conservatory and we can't get one because I've approached the council have I jeopardised the whole purchase?
    Will our mortgage offer be taken away? What are the ways around this?
Working...
X