Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flat below me has no building regs what should I do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flat below me has no building regs what should I do!

Hello

Some developers have bought and done up the flat below me, which has been a nightmare. I have found out it has no sign off from building regs. I am concerned about where this leaves the status of my flat as it is dependent on the flat below to hold it up, and whether I should be doing something about this or just insist new owners get it signed off, call building regs once it sells and complain etc? Thanks for any help.

Re: flat below me has no building regs what should I do!

I would call or email the local building regulators at the town hall and make sure they got planning permission now as if not and they are cowboy builders they could interfere with the structure of your apartment.

Ged
    http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Premier Expat Mortgages View Post
      I would call or email the local building regulators at the town hall and make sure they got planning permission now as if not and they are cowboy builders they could interfere with the structure of your apartment.

Ged
      Hi Ged, thanks so much for replying. Definitely cowboys! Not much planning needed as mostly internal (though structural). Thanks I will try the town hall and see what they can do. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, thanks again.

Comment

My pleasure. Any other questions just ask away and ill try my best to
        help you

Ged
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Premier Expat Mortgages View Post
          My pleasure. Any other questions just ask away and ill try my best to
          help you

Ged
          Thanks Ged I will have a go at the town hall as you say and if I get stuck will come back to you, very kind of you thanks

Comment

No problem
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X