Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freehold - Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freehold - Help

I shall try to keep this brief!

My mum has dementia and lives in a converted house in the flat below in London. She is in the last stages of demetia so I am now her deputy.

A few years ago my dad set up a company with the previous tenants that lived upstairs to buy the freehold, which they did. Unfortunately last year my dad died, as did my brother. I was unaware of the company that was set until i had a letter from company house about the accounts. Our solicitor wrote to the present tenants that lived upstairs and asked them to sort out the accounts. In all the grief i didn't think about it further. As it turns out they never did the accounts and were taking any letters that were addressed to my dad so I had no idea that the company had been closed and the freehold sent back to the crown. My question is this: How important is it to have the freehold? Is it something that I need to worry about when we need to sell the property?

Also, the people upstairs are very aggressive and I have had to call the police because they insist on parking in my mother's parking space, denying her carers access. How will that affect the sale?

Thank you in advance.
Working...
X