Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat conversion from Victorian house 4 years old no building Certs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat conversion from Victorian house 4 years old no building Certs.

Hi, please can someone help me I have spent endless hours looking into this and I am just getting more and more confused.

I purchased a flat at auction recently at the same time the upstairs flat was also sold. 4 years ago it was converted from a Victorian house to 2, 3 bed flats. It turns out planning permission was obtained to convert to the flats and add an extension on to my flat but no building Certs or anything was checked or signed off by the council after that. We both have separate council tax.

I have purchased this flat to renovate and re-sell. I thought it was only the extension that did not have building Certs so am going through the council to get that all cleared. In the mean time to upstairs owners have advised not to go through the council for clearance of the flat but to sell it and get indemnity insurance.

My questions are this. Will this put off buyers? Is this the best way to go?

Once I have the extension cleared the rest of the body of flat is the same as it was when it was a house. No room changes etc no walls have been knocked down etc if that makes a difference. There is a communal entrance with then our own front doors. I am getting gas certificates and a whole electrical flat certificate done too.

Any advice most welcome. Thank you

Re: Flat conversion from Victorian house 4 years old no building Certs.

Did you have any problems with gas certificates?

Comment

Working...
    X