Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding name on to Share of Freehold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding name on to Share of Freehold

Dear all,

I currently own a flat with a share of freehold amongst three flats. One of the shareholder has today asked for his wife's name to be added on to the share of freehold for 'tax purpose'. Would agreeing to this be disadvantageous to me in any way? Am I essentially losing part of my share if the freehold was previously shared by 3 people, but now 4? Many thanks for all of your help!

Lordy

Re: Adding name on to Share of Freehold

Just make sure its his split that is shared

Ged
    http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
    [email protected]

Comment

Re: Adding name on to Share of Freehold

Hi.

We are estate agents dealing in property sale day in and day out. We are not legal experts but have a degree of knowledge as this crops up from time to time.

The freehold to the building will have a value, and can (if agreed by all parties) be sold. Also each freeholder will have a right to vote. So if money was to be spent or if a change to the building was wanted by a freeholder then there would probably have to be a vote.

I do not see why a freeholder would ant his wife added for tax purposes (i am not a tax expert) so i would be wary of his intentions.

As another poster has mentioned maybe get him to split his share with his wife so they have not got preferential voting rights / owning.

Hope that helps!
      Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
      http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X