Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drawing up deed of trust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing up deed of trust

Basically I would hugely appreciate some advice on deposits for buying a house and protecting myself and my deposit in the future should I get divorced.

I have contributed £57,000 and my husband £3,000. We are signing as tenants in common, and are drawing up a formulaic deed of trust which will set out our contributions, and the ratio of mortgage payments as my husband wishes to increase his equity in the property by paying more each month than I.

The reason I’d like some advice is he is an ex-financial adviser and we have an unsettled relationship which is at high risk of divorce currently. I’d just like to know if I’m doing the right things to protect my money. I’m also pregnant.

If I die does he automatically get the remainder of the money and can I protect this for my child? If we get divorced, will he receive 50% of our money or only the percentage as laid out in the deed of trust?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Working...
X