Hello,

We are currently in the process of buying a barn conversion which was converted in 2009 and has been lived in by the current owner since then. She has been paying into a management service company since she bought off plan. In her deeds it stated that once the last barn on the development had been sold, the management company would become active.

Our solicitor is concerned that the management company has remained dormant the whole time and the developer (who lives on the development and is therefore one of the shareholders in the management company and a director himself) is reluctant to activate the company stating that the barn owners are happy to run the company as an association.

We LOVE the property and very much want to buy it. Our solicitor is brilliant in highlighting the issues but neither my wife or I have any legal experience and sometimes do not understand the technical vocabulary he uses. We really need layman's advice i.e. buy it but ask for x, y and z, or don't buy it because....

We understand that this is not part of his remit as a solicitor but who do we ask for advice when we don't understand what it all means?

We would be so very grateful for any advice, please help
Thanks in advance