Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Membership forms for freehold company limited by guarantee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership forms for freehold company limited by guarantee

Hi there
    I am in the process of selling my flat which has a share of the freehold. The company is limited by guarantee so we don't have shares. I am having a few difficulties getting answers from my director about a couple of things so I wondered if someone may be able to help. Is it a simple as me resigning as a member once I have sold the flat and the new owner writing a letter to apply to be a member, then the director agreeing it as they have the one factor they need, they own a flat? I don't remember doing this so would my solicitor have done it for me? Would there be a membership form or is a letter enough?

I also don't have a membership certificate. I have been told that these are probably all kept together rather than handed out for fear of us losing them. Is that likely? How would one go about getting a new membership certificate if they don't have one?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Best wishes
    Lucy
Working...
X