Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land Registry Findings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Registry Findings

I'm in the process of selling my 3 bed semi-detached property and I've hit a major obstacle.

The Land registry searches have returned to the buyers solicitor indicating that my property is running directly above a sewer, which basically means my property should never have had planning permission to be built and in theory Welsh Water could 'remove my property' to access the sewer if needed.

My biggest source of confusion is to how this wasn't picked up by my conveyancer when I bought it in 2009, as well as by the two previous owners who purchased the house in 2001 and 2004.

The last throw of the dice is contacting the property developer who built the entire estate between 1999 and 2001 to obtain evidence that they didn't build my house above a sewer. What confuses me even more is that the developers would have had to build this sewer because there was absolutely nothing there beforehand.

My question is if my sale falls through because no further evidence can be obtained - What on earth do I do next?

Re: Land Registry Findings

Hi There

Have you checked with welsh water... the sewers may be an abandoned sewer as its very rare for developers to build over sewers especial on such a recent new build..
    If it is a live sewer there may be a build over agreement in force check with welsh water and you local authority..

Let me know how you get on

Comment

Working...
    X