Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused on what my legal position is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused on what my legal position is.

Hi
    Any help/advice would be much appreciated on this issue.

I purchased a property in 2007 with my now ex partner for £120,000, we both put in £3,000 each as a deposit. We split two years later and at the time said she did not want anything financially from the house. At the time the house was probably in negative equity. We paid all our bills out of a joint account and when we split I set up a new bank account and transferred the bills to this sole bank account. Unfortunately (although its no excuse) I didn't transfer my Credit card DD over. As a result of being in a bit of a mess over the break up it wasn't until I found a count court Judgement letter that I started opening my mail. As a result of my stupidity I now have a Default against my credit file until January 2016.

I have tried to do a transfer of equity with Nationwide and also tried to remortgage with other providers but due to my credit score I am unable to do this. I have spent around £5,000 over the last 3 years having new windows installed new water pipes etc fitted to the house. My ex partner has not paid a penny to the mortgage since March 2009. Can anyone advise were I stand on this issue? Can I stand my ground if she tries to force me to sell? Will I have to split any profit etc? I estimate I have paid over £24,000 on the mortgage since she last paid anything towards the house along with the necessary maintenance such as replacing rotten windows etc. The house is valued at approx £122,000 and the outstanding mortgage is approx £103,000.

Any advice on this would be gratefully received
    Thanks you and sorry if it's a long winded post.
Working...
X