Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rateable value property assesment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rateable value property assesment

Hello,
    I have a commercial property which is costing me earth. I am thinking to divide the property and rent it to two companies. Thus would like to have it assessed and divided in such a way that the rate able value falls within small business reliefs. Can someone please be in touch with me who is qualified assessor and help me with your kills. The property is located in Wednesbury (north of birmingham)

Re: Rateable value property assesment

In order to divide a property you would need to firstly check if you have a mortgage on the property and if so, you would need to get the consent of the lender. If consent cannot be obtained you may have to re-mortgage the property on the basis that it will be two separate properties once the re-mortgage is complete.

When splitting the land you will need to seek the advice of a surveyor who can advise you on how the split should be done and they should be able to advise on what the rateable value may be afterwards. As solicitors we cannot provide such advice but an internet search for the word surveyor and Wednesbury will give some local results.

Comment

Working...
    X