Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying process dragging on since June/July.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying process dragging on since June/July.

I'm posting on behalf of my sister and brother in-law. They went to view a house in June/July and decided to put in an offer, which was accepted. My brother in-law was given the deposit by his uncle and the solicitors have appointed a solicitor to the uncle so that if they sell the house, he gets the deposit back. However, due to the uncle speaking no English his brother has been asked to deal with it by the uncle.

The brother dealing with the solicitor has said that only he can speak to the solicitor as it's been dragging out for so long. My sister and brother in-law spoke to their solicitor today and found out they've been ready to exchange contracts since October 2013 and think the brother of the uncle may be trying to sabotage the buy.

Can my brother in-law speak to his uncles solicitor to find out what is going on, if not, where does he stand on this matter. The contract for the house is in my brother in-law's name.

Any help to clear this up would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Ben
Working...
X