Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One bedroom missing from Title...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One bedroom missing from Title...

Hi All,
    My wife and I are currently in the process of purchasing our first house. Having spent a lot of time investigating I know that there is an element of a flying freehold with the property. The said area is a bedroom that “flys” over what I understand to be a communal drive to a shared parking area and garages.
    I have been looking into what this means from both a legal and mortgage lending position and have reached out to my solicitor accordingly but I am hoping to validate my question below online.
    I purchased the Title for said property from the Land Registry website and on inspection I notice that there is a statement as follows:

The Freehold land shown edged with red on the plan of the above Title filed at the Registry and being xxx, xxx, xxx (RGxx xxx).
    NOTE: As to the part edged blue on the filed plan the rooms over the passageway are excluded from the title.

The plan itself does indeed highlight the bedroom in question in blue. Does this mean that if I am to purchase the house, that I would not own the bedroom? I went further and purchased the Title for the property attached to the bedroom and they also don’t include this in their plan so I am rather confused.
    Many thanks,
    Adam
Working...
X