Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resale of Property after exchange of contracts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resale of Property after exchange of contracts.

I recently exchange contracts on a property believing that the buyer was going to live in the house themselves upon completion. I agreed at exchange to give their 'agents' access to the property as I knew the property to be in need of modernisation and that the buyers wanted their architech, builders and carpenters to draw up the relevant plans for submission to the council for planning permission. I found out that they have re-advertised the property with a couple of estate 'agents'. After speaking to my solicitor it would appear that they are allowed to do this 'agents' being the operative word which has really made me angry as I feel I have been duped.
    To add insult to injury I now see that the property is up for auction 3 weeks before completion date.
    I need to understand if this is legal - I was under the assumption that until completion I am the legal owner - what would happen if someone at the auction had the cash and wanted to move in straight away?
    I cannot understand how a property can be sold by someone who is not the legal owner.
    Please could anyone confirm that all this is legal and explain to me why.
Working...
X