Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice about buying the family home please :-S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice about buying the family home please :-S

Hi, this is my first post on any forum so please bare with me lol.

Basically my grandad has gone into a care home and he, along with my father, aunty and uncle have decided to sell his house (valued at £220k), which he built himself decades ago, and which I have ALWAYS loved.

My girlfriend and I (both 25 years old and currently renting a house about a mile from my grandads place) would love to buy it. Problem is, although we have well paid jobs (joint income of about £55k PA) - we have next to no deposit, as we weren't planning on buying a house yet until my grandads place became available. We have a car which is worth about £8k which we are putting up for sale.

My Dad, Aunty and Uncle have said that they would do anything they can to help as they would love the house to stay in the family. Unfortunately none of them are well-off enough to lend us any sort of deposit.

Does anyone have any advice? I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance guys,

Adam.
Working...
X