Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freehold Company Director responsibilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freehold Company Director responsibilities

Hi All

I'll start with a quick background to the situation and then a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help with!
    Background:
    I am one of 7 leaseholders in a purpose built block of flats. The freeholder went into administration a number of years ago and subsequently the freehold ownership defaulted to the crown. At the time, a neighbouring block got together and bought their freehold, but we didnt as the person taking charge didnt tell anyone about the situation.

We have since sorted ourselves out and are in the process of buying the freehold. The company has been set up, and we have a bank account etc, so all we need to do is get the funds from the leaseholders in order to complete the purchase.

The new company that I have set up has the sole purpose of holding the freehold, as there is a separate company that manages the running of the block, which is done through a residential property management company.

The situation I am in, is that I have set up the company and at present am the sole Director. Once the freehold has been purchased I want to put my flat on the market, but none of the other residents want to take on the Directorship. Am I able to resign as Director for the company, even if no one else is willing to take on the role? I don't want to have to carry on the responsibility when I have moved.

any advice would be appreciated

regards

Re: Freehold Company Director responsibilities

Yes, you can resign as a director. No doubt about that. Companies House would have to be informed.

Comment

Working...
    X