Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying from family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying from family

Hi.

Just looking for some advice and is is the first place I have arrived at where hopefully someone may be be able to help.

I am Looking to purchase my grans house. The house is worth around £180k and I am in my grans Will along with two other family members.

My question is that my gran is happy to accept 120k for the house and so are the other beneficiaries. Is it as simple as getting a 120k mortgage and buying it? I have spoken to a mortgage advisor who said this would be low risk to them as the deposit is already in the house?

As my gran would continue to live here, I have read about gift tax, inheritance tax and gift with reservation of benefit and am worried that I would be doing something that isn't 100% above board. I am going to speak to a solicitor as soon as I find one but in the meantime was hoping for some advice really ?

Many thanks.

Re: Buying from family

Yes you can buy this house but if she agree. First of all try to agree her and than make deal. This 2/3 of the value as you mention and may be she give you. Don't contact any agent or laywer before her permission.

Comment

Re: Buying from family

It could all get really complicated if you only buy a share.
      Then what happens to the house if your gran goes into a care home?
      Why not wait until you inherit and buy out the other two familly members.
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
      X