Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can my mother find out if she is a tenant in common?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can my mother find out if she is a tenant in common?

My mother has recently seperated from her abusive ex partner who she was in a relationship with for 14 years but never married. She always thought that her partner was the only person named on the mortgage but has recently found out after receiving a re-directed letter with her name on (addressed to both of them) with the balance of the mortgage.

This obviously means that she is on it right? and also that she is entitled to a share if the house is sold?

Before they moved in he quickly made her sign some documents regarding the house but told him to trust her and it was just "something for the trust(s)"?! and she signed them as she trusted him and just got on with it.

Do you think this could mean that she is just a tenant in common? how could we find out?

We think he didn't want her to know incase the relationship broke down and he was protecting himself against her receiving any money (He is a millionaire), How could we find out what her status is regarding the mortgage? and is it possible that if he finds out that she knows she is on it he can just remove her name off the it?

Thank you so much in advance!

Re: How can my mother find out if she is a tenant in common?

We live in NI if that helps and they have a child together if that makes a difference to their un-married situation.Thank you

Comment

Working...
    X