Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with freeholder issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with freeholder issues

hi

i own a leasehold property above a commercial property which I live in myself along with lodgers, and I am having issues with my freeholder.

renovations were done to her commercial property and it now requires a building control certificate. She says that the certificate has not been issued due to increased fire risk caused by the occupancy of the maisonette. She says that an integrated fire alarm system is required that will cost £2000 and that I have to contribute. I think this Is not my responsibility to pay for this and the fact that I have lodgers is irrelevant. Further to this she keeps threatening to inform my mortgage provider of a “breech of tenancy” (she claims that I can not sublet the property, although a solicitor confirmed this is not correct). Does anybody know if a freeholder has details of my mortgage provider, or has any right/ obligation to speak to my mortgage advisor about these kind of issues? I think she is trying to bully me into paying for something that is not my responsibility with false threats

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Working...
X