Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House 'extension' without building regs approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House 'extension' without building regs approval

I would be grateful for some advice.

I bought a 1930's detached bungalow 18 months ago with a single story rear extension that includes a sun room, kitchen and small store room. At the time I was told by my solicitor this was not considered to be an extension because it was 'a previous loggia which was made into an enclosed area in 1976 by adding windows and doors to the roof that was already in existence'.

The property needs some modernisation but before I do anything I would like some advice on whether the above position is okay. The size of the area in question would not require current planning permission, but what about building regs (which were not mentioned to me)? Will this cause me problems with any future re-sale? Thanks for any help.
Working...
X