Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Covenants...

    Hi All,

    We've recently got permission to build a house in our garden. Looking at our deeds there's a line thats bothering me: "Not to erect any buildings or other structures on the property other than those previously approved by the Transferor in writing"
    The transferor being the council that supplied permission.

    In this case, should I get indemnity insurance? Rather than risk asking the council to clear and them rejecting it..


  • #2
    Re: Covenants...

    Probably safer to get indemnity insurance but you may have to go through a solicitor to get it, as insurers prefer to deal with solicitors who will understand the technicalities.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.