Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Management Share Certificate question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Management Share Certificate question

Sorry first time here posted this on someone elses thread, thought best I put it here.

Hi all,

Would like a bit of advice here and thank you in advance.

I bought a flat last year and ever since I have been waiting for my share certificate of the management company, my solicitors have been chasing but they seem to be less interested each time I chase them.

The situation is the management company owns the freehold of the block of 8 flats, and each flat owner has a share of the management company.

My solicitors have not been successful in getting my copy of my share certificate of the management company, and from their records the seller has indeed returned his certificate and signed the stock transfer form to my solicitors, and my solicitor has filled the rest of the stock transfer form and forwarded them to the management company together with the sellers certificate, and requested for mine in return.

Recently I finally managed to meet one of the directors who wasnt aware of the the problem but was also not sure what how to sort it out for me. He still has the sellers stock transfer form and the certificate in his files and they were sat there ever since. It seems they are normally done by another person in the company (director/secretary) but that person has emigrated and been difficult to contact.

The director said he is happy to do whatever that is required to get my certificate sorted, and there is another director in the UK, but the director I spoke to is not sure how and what to do as he is normally in charge of book keeping and maintenance organisation, and not the company accounts etc. He also confesses that he has difficulty contacting that person abroad too. In my files I have seen a letter of that person writing to all the tenants that he is moving abroad too, so I know that partis also true.

My question is how can I help him in issuing me my certificate and make sure that I am in the books so to speak. Can he prepare it himself and signed by himself as a director and a witness, or the other director?

Do I need to get my solicitors involved or this can be resolved between the directors and myself to save time?

Many thanks,

Raymond

Re: Management Share Certificate question

Hi guys,

Just want to give this thread a little bump as I am meeting the director again this weekend to discuss how to proceed and wonder if anyone can give me any pointers on my problem.

If anyone could kindly post some ideas what I need from him to get going would be most grateful... From reading around it seems I need a certificate number and make sure I am in the company registrar and that's pretty much it? Have I missed out anything else?

Anyone local to me in Surrey/Hampshire border happy to buy you a drink too!

Cheers
    Raymond.

Comment

Working...
    X