Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lease extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lease extension

I am in the process of selling my house to an investor and he claimed to want a quick sale.
    However, he is now demanding that the leasehold on the property be extended even though the term left is 99 years!! I believe that his solicitor has advised him that there is no real need for this.

At the moment my solicitor is finding out how long the process is likely to take and how expensive.

Can I apply for the extension and then leave it up to him to complete the process? Has anyone got any advise? My real issue is the time it will take for the legalities to complete as the house is now empty!
Working...
X