Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buyer's solicitor unreasonable requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Webster
    replied
    Re: Buyer's solicitor unreasonable requests

See below in red

1.Agreement dated 20.04.07 made under section 38 of the Highways act between Birmingham council and Crest Nicholson (the developer) regarding the making up of roads.
    If search showed roads etc in the vicinity not yet adopted by the Council then they might have wanted to know which roads and footpaths were included os they could see what rights of access there were to the property. Sometimes builders get their paperwork wrong and don't put rights in the deeds for access so you have to check that there are or will be (when s38 agreement works completed and taken over) public rights of access. if the roads etc have been taken over I am not sure why they need to see it.
    2.Agreement for the display of non-illuminated signage and flagpoles in association with the new marketing suite at Park Central (?????)Can't see the point of this.
    3.Reserved matters - landscaping relating to planning permission.A bit OTT but theoretically Council could pursue individual occupiers if there was a condition saying development not to be occupied until landscaping completed in accordance with the details approved by the Council.
    Display of adverts promoting the development of Park Central on site hoardings at 8 location (????).Can't see point of this

Also a number of questions regarding the future construction of the HS2 train line, that is going to be build through south-east birmingham (please note my apartment block is in the opposite side of the city centre, north west) and it's totally unaffected.They ought to be able to check the general details of the route and establish it is miles away.
    You could find that it isn't the buyer's solicitors themselves who are really concenred but they may have separately represented mortgage lenders (see threads about HSBC - http://www.homemove.co.uk/forums/buy...-now-5547.html and
    Countrywide Conveyancing/HSBC - avoid like the plague if you want to complete - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums.

Where there are separately represented lenders their solicitors often ask silly questions but there isn't much any of the rest of us can do about it.

Leave a comment:

• Soul_13
    started a topic Buyer's solicitor unreasonable requests

Buyer's solicitor unreasonable requests

Hi all

I'm in the last stages of selling my leasehold apartment in Birmingham city centre. Last week my solicitor received a number of enquiries from the buyer's solicitors that don't make any sense. They've requested a number of documents related to the original agreement signed between Birmingham council and the original developer (please note my apartment block is part of a massive regeneration project called Park Central) back in late 90's all the way to 2007. Please see a sample below:
    1.Agreement dated 20.04.07 made under section 38 of the Highways act between Birmingham council and Crest Nicholson (the developer) regarding the making up of roads.
    2.Agreement for the display of non-illuminated signage and flagpoles in association with the new marketing suite at Park Central (?????)
    3.Reserved matters - landscaping relating to planning permission.
    Display of adverts promoting the development of Park Central on site hoardings at 8 location (????).

Also a number of questions regarding the future construction of the HS2 train line, that is going to be build through south-east birmingham (please note my apartment block is in the opposite side of the city centre, north west) and it's totally unaffected.

My solicitor responded that as none of these documents related to my property and they are only in the direct interest of the freeholder (developer ?) following that we are not responsible to provide them and they should contact the council directly.

They came back insisting that we need to provide the document for the sale to be completed.

Can someone advice who's right and who's wrong as I'm so fustrated from this whole situation

Thanks
Working...
X