Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a builder use my house to advertise other developments without my permission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a builder use my house to advertise other developments without my permission

Hi, I bought my Barratts home approx 3 years ago now. I have just seen our local paper and they are advertising a new development, about 5 miles away, using my house (the one incidently that we saw when we bought the house) to advertise this development. Underneath the picture it states the address of the new development, which is untrue and also no where on the advert is there an * advising that this is not an actual property. 1st question, can they do this, surely it is misselling/miss-advertising; 2nd question can I complain and request a fee for using my house to advertise new developments. Surely they can't do this without my consent.

Re: Can a builder use my house to advertise other developments without my permission

They should definately ask for your consent if they are advertising your house. I would give them a call and see what the situation is, as you may be owed some compensation...

Comment

Working...
    X