Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same day electronic transfer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same day electronic transfer.

I am in the process of buying a property and at a later date I want to transfer funds from an online saver account into the solicitors bank account using CHAPS.

As the nearest branch of the bank I use is 15 miles away I want to make sure I go there well prepared and take everything I will need to make the transfer.

1) Besides ID like a drivers licence and a bank statement with my name and address on it is there anything else I will need with me?

2) How much will the CHAPS transfer cost?

Re: Same day electronic transfer.

Two forms of ID should be enough although you could always check with your bank's website to confirm. CHAPS transfers cost anything up to £35 (mine cost £10 but that was two years ago so may have changed).

Just a couple of things to bear in mind: best to make sure that you visit your branch to make the CHAPS transfer well before 12 noon or there could be a delay in processing until the next day even though you are effectively paying for same day transfer of funds. Also, try to avoid Fridays. Especially Fridays before Bank Holidays!

Comment

Working...
    X