Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joint mortgage / seperation / issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint mortgage / seperation / issues?

Hi.
    Me and an ex partner got a mortgage on a property and split around 2 years ago.

For one reason or another we agreed on keeping us both on the mortgage and she continued living there providing she paid the mortgage etc.

On reflection this was a very bad idea.

I have had a letter stating court action for none payment of mortgage. I have tried to contact her through friends and family as well as through my solicitor but to no joy.
    I got into the property and have changed the locks and made an agreement with mortgage company to clear the arrears.

What now? I have spoke to my mortgage company who have said they can do nothing til arrears are clear... - fine...

they also said without her to sign anything it will be very hard to get her off the mortgage. all i want to do now is have one of us taken off the mortgage?!! The house looks as though no one has lived there for months for all i know she could be dead?

Long shot i know but has anyone been in a similar situation who can offer advise?

Re: Joint mortgage / seperation / issues?

The only way you can get her off the mortgage would be through court order where the judge would be able to sign the documents on her behalf. Your solicitor would be able to help you do this.
    Anthony
    Compare the Mortgage Market
    http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Working...
    X