Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Definitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitions

My lease refers to "Common Parts" and "Common Areas." Would I be right in assuming that the first refers to buildings or parts of buildings and the second to areas where people have access - such as stairways, entrances etc.?

Just trying to learn.

Re: Definitions

These are the parts or areas used by all the residents. Staircases, lifts, halls, landings, car park, gardens etc.

It would have been better to find out about the legalities of Leasehold Ownership before buying not after!
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

My lease refers to "Common Parts" and "Common Areas."
      You should read carefully through the lease as normally terms such as this will be defined somewhere. There are not necessarily standard definitions for such terms which can vary from lease to lease.

If there are no definitions then the meanings will depend a lot on the context, and it would be difficult to give answers without reading the whole document.
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Thanks to forum members who replied.

I have read my lease very carefully. Some definitions are provided but not for common parts/areas.

Comment

Working...
        X