Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

basic lawyers questions question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic lawyers questions question.

Hi everyone,
    This should be a simple, silly question I hope. In the list of questions about what's staying that the solicitor sends to a house seller, does "plants and shrubs" only apply to plants planted in the garden, or does it include pot plants on the patio. I'm guessing it doesn't include pot plants but my husband isn't so sure. We couldn't get a straight answer from the solicitor.

Re: basic lawyers questions question.

Should I perhaps move this to another forum category (don't know which)? Is it just too silly a question for anyone to bother with or does noone know? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Comment

I'm not sure if there is a definite answer, Yetanother, hence the fact that you can't get a clear response from the solicitor but it's definitely not a silly question. The PIFs I've seen are not terribly well designed, which doesn't help, and selling your house is such a stressful business anyway, particularly when it is so clear that you are anxious to do the right thing. This is what I would do, in your shoes:

On the PIF where it asks whether plants and shrubs will be left, why not write "Yes, excluding (or "including") patio pots and plants". This removes any confusion about what is included in the sale, both for you and for the buyer. Hope this helps. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

Thanks Jeannie, I'll do that.

Comment

Working...
        X