Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Find a solicitor in East Anglia or in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find a solicitor in East Anglia or in the South

Hi

I am living in East Anglia and looking to buy a property in the South. I was wondering which one is best: to find a solicitor in my home town or find one close to where I am house-searching? does it matter where my solicitor is based?

Many thanks in advance.

Amy

Re: Find a solicitor in East Anglia or in the South

Hi Amy

It won't make any real difference which one you choose. You should choose the solicitor you'll find correspondence with the easiest.

Hope this helps. Good luck buying your home!
    Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

Hi Amy,

It all depends really. There are some who might say that it pays to engage a solicitor with knowledge of the area in which you are buying. Others will say that the location of the solicitor doesn't matter much at all.

How about asking your friends/acquantances if there is anybody they have used and would recomended. As a solicitor most of my work comes through that route.
      Mark Coupe PMS Solicitors http://bit.ly/pUfRt8

No liability is accepted for loss suffered as a result of this advice.

Comment

I have used local solicitors and national ones when referring my mortgage work. Ive never found any local ones to be any better (usually worse and more expensive) than the larger firms with processing offices. By all means if you would like a quote take a look on the mortgage page of my website or drop me a private message. Only need to know basic details such as purchase price, number of owners, freehold or leasehold & property price. I have a panel of about 5 or 6 and they all operate via email so are a lot quicker to deal with.
        Anthony
        Compare the Mortgage Market
        http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Working...
        X