Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have a case for a complaint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have a case for a complaint?

Hello

I'm completely new to this forum so apologies if I have posted this message in the wrong place.

I live in a set of flats and yesterday workmen came round to install something for Sky TV. I didn't know anything about this in advance.

As a result, a thick metal cable runs round the outside of half the property (which consists of 13 flats over 3 storeys) and there is a huge satellite dish which is attached to the wall by a 3 foot long rod.

I've spoken to some of the other residents who also had not been informed in advance about the work that has been done. One of them said she had been told by the workmen when they were there that this work had been requested by the owners of the flats (clearly not the case as the residents own the flats).

I now have a big metal box near my bathroom window saying 'Your block is ready for Sky TV call such and such a number...'

Do I and the other residents have good reason to be annoyed by what has happened without our consent?

Do we have a case for a complaint?

If so, what can be done about it?

Many thanks

David

Re: Do I have a case for a complaint?

Hi d712

Do you own your flat? And if so, is it leasehold or freehold?

Regards
    Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

Hello

Yes, I own the flat, it is leasehold and there is a management company the residents pay for the maintenance of the flats.

Thanks

David
      Last edited by d712; 03-08-2011, 06:24 PM. Reason: I missed a word out.

Comment

Your lease may allow to the freeholder to have the cabling and satellite dish installed at its discretion. Read your lease.
        RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
        As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
        X