Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Indemnity Insurance Prevent Further Development Need Council Approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Webster
    replied
    Re: Does Indemnity Insurance Prevent Further Development Need Council Approval?

my solicitor warns me that this insurance will stop me from any further development of the property that need Council approval, because my application to Council for further development will void this insurance policy. Is this true?
    Quite likely, yes. However after the breach of conditions has subsisted for 10 continuous yaers it will become immune from enforcement under planning and if you approached the Council about further work:

a) they couldn't do anything about the previous breach; and
    b) you wouldn't need the policy then anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Does Indemnity Insurance Prevent Further Development Need Council Approval?

I am in a process to buy a property. My solicitor discovered some of the conditions in the planning permission was not complied, and the seller is happy to buy indemnity insurance to cover that.

However, my solicitor warns me that this insurance will stop me from any further development of the property that need Council approval, because my application to Council for further development will void this insurance policy. Is this true?

Thanks!
Working...
X