Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

with-held information by builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• with-held information by builder

I have recently bought a new build house on a new estate. The houses directly opposite me are council houses. Legally should the builder have told us about this? Although I did not ask the question my neighbour specifically asked if there was any social housing on the estate and was told no.

Re: with-held information by builder

Are the houses opposite you existing old council houses or newly-built Social Housing - built by the builder?

If it is new build social housing, the builder has a legal obligation under the Property Misdesciptions Act 1992 to let you know this. Most of the national house builders even indicate the HA plots on their brochure plan.

If you had known about my website, Brand New Homes printed off the questions to ask pages and asked about this and other things, perhaps saving yourself a few problems later on.
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

If you had known about my website, Brand New Homes printed off the questions to ask pages and asked about this and other things
      Does seem quite a helpful site.
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

The houses are new builds but are not built by the same builders as ours.

Comment

Can't see any particular reason why a builder should tell you this.

Up to you to carry out your own research into the area in which you are buying.
          RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
          As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrryan View Post
            The houses are new builds but are not built by the same builders as ours.
            I agree with with Richard, as the houses were already there or being built by A Another you should have made more enquiries yourself and checked out the area.

It may have come up with your solicitor's LA searches.
            If he did not tell you, you may be able to claim against him for professional negligence.
            BRAND NEW HOMES

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Webster View Post
              Does seem quite a helpful site.
              "SEEM & QUITE"???

"IS & VERY" would be more accurate in my opinion!
              BRAND NEW HOMES

Comment

Working...
              X