Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sub sale mortgage restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub sale mortgage restrictions

Hi

I have just purchased an investment property and I plan to do some small renovations and then resell it ASAP.

Since purchasing the house I have become aware of sub sale restrictions whereby banks will not lend on a property resold within 6 months of purchase.

Clearly this puts a spanner in the works for me selling this property if a buyer wants to get a mortgage on it.

Does anyone know is this always the case that banks won't lend until I own the house for 6 months and if so is there any way to structure a sales contact to get around the restriction.

Many thanks
    John

Re: Sub sale mortgage restrictions

It's a fairly typical restriction on a mortgage, though some lenders can be more flexible than others, and time scales can vary.

Comment

Working...
    X