Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

parking problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parking problem

Hi
    I rent a flat in purpose built block with off street parking.
    My land lady owns a share of the freehold but is not resident in the building.
    The directors of the property decided to restrict parking by issuing permits,but only to resident shareholders which excluded our land lady.

My question is, can it be legal to restrict the facilities to such an extent even though my land lady owns an equal share of the building and pays the same service charge ?

Re: parking problem

This depends on the wording of OP's landlady's lease and whether it contains any specific right to park on the area in question.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

The flat will come with an allocated parking space. It is unreasonable to withdraw this for who ever is living in the property whether rented or not.
      Surely when your landlady wants to visit her property should would have a right to park in her space.

Contact your landlady and get her to fight the battle for you.
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

New Homes Expert is right, this really isn't your fight. In fact your landlady should be spitting bullets about this, because when you decide to move and she needs to get new tenants in, she's going to find the property a lot less rentable without allocated parking. You should definitely approach your landlady rather than trying to deal with the problem yourself.
        Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

Working...
        X