Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling of Dead's Father House

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling of Dead's Father House

Hello i need some advice.

My father died a few years ago but never left a will although my mother had left him a few years before and lived with another man

they are selling it now

is there anything i can to delay the sale?

or at least make it more difficult for the sale to take place.

thanks

Re: Selling of Dead's Father House

Why do you want to do that?

Are you living in the hosue?

You might be entitled to a share in the state but that depends on how much it is worth,as the first large chunk goes to the widow.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Hi

Yes, the question is are you staying in that house with your father and also after his death. Secondly, whether your father had given a divorce to your mother or not? Do you want share in the house sell value or you do not want her to sell that?

There are many more things along with this to take into consideration. It is better for you to go to some experienced lawyer and take his help.

Hope this helps
      John
      Law Firms

Comment

If you are living in the house your mother should let you stay!
        My guess is you are just after a share of the equity.
        BRAND NEW HOMES
        Information for UK new home buyers
        New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
        X