Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being charged introducer fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being charged introducer fee

Hi,

I found my solicitor through a referral agency and I have received the completion statement from my solicitors. In the client care letter received when we contracted them it mentions the referral fee as I believe they are required to and says it is inclusive in the legal fees (fixed price). On the completion statement the fee is the same as on the client care letter but they have also billed me for the introducer fee.

Having queried this they say that this is a separate fee I have to pay on top of the legal fees but I was under the impression that this was expressly against the law society code of conduct which appears to say that referral fees can be included in legal feesbut cannot be charged separately to the client...

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Jon
Working...
X