Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refuse Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refuse Collection

I have noticed that since refuse collection is now every two weeks, many resident in the apartment block find their bin has been stuffed by other with other residents' refuse and they have nowhere to put their own. It actually happened to me this week!

My question is: is it lawful to leave refuse is in (black) plastic bags for collection on the part of the property set aside for bins? This is private property.

Re: Refuse Collection

How should we know?

Ask:

a) local authority whether they will collect refuse in bags and not in bins; and
    b) managing agents for block whether they object tot he practice.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

You should check your property deeds / lease. Do you have managing agents?

Comment

If its on private property then the Local Authority will have no say and it wont come under fly tipping law, technically you could go to the police and tell them that someone is trespassing and dumping waste (criminal damage). If it were me I'd simply stick a sign up warning the offenders that you've installed a camera and that images are being passed to the police.

Comment

Working...
        X