Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

told by our solictor we could move out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• told by our solictor we could move out

hopefully our house sale will go through end march,we are in a small chain of three,but my frustration lies in the fact we were given a move out date by our solicitor of 21st february told we could disconnect our stove ect. so we moved out our furniture two days before date[weekend] hence an empty house ,then we recieved a letter from solicitors saying there was a hold up and one of the chain could not exchange till end march.When we queried this we found out that they had only signed recently and had not got money in place till march . We our now in rented acomodation hoping sale goes through. Have we a leg to stand on in this.Replies appreciated.
    Last edited by seaside; 03-03-2011, 10:46 AM. Reason: forgot some info.

Re: told by our solictor we could move out

Did the solicitor say that the sale was definitely gong to go ahead on that date - or did he say that it looked as if it would and he didn't know of any problems at the time that would stop it, but he would still need to check stuff?

Nothing is certain until contracts are actually exchanged and it is quite unlikely that a solicitor would not have qualified any statement he made about dates.

Saying something like "It looks good for 21st..." is not the same as "21st is the definite moving date."
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

it has mostly been phone conversations via solicitors and yes we were told by them and estate agents who told us to take keys to them by 12 on the monday. A few days before we were told we were given move out date i had rang the solicitor up to ask if i had put down that we were leaving the cooker in our not ,when she replied she said no you can disconnect it .We have a letter from them telling us what they are paying out like mortgage company ect. I said to the p.a. at the solicitor how come we are living in accomodation and out of my house when one of the chain has not sighned yet, she just said I know.

Comment

So what does your solicitor say about all this now?
        RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
        As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

I,m worried about mentioned anything in case it holds up things ,but i,m fuming I understand what you mean about the formal move out date but me and my husband would not have left our property unless we were told to.To send me a letter two days before given move out date [weekend]only recieved it after removal took place because of later post. There must be something we can do we are paying out money for rental as well as another month mortgage.

Comment

Working...
          X