Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr lons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr lons

Last year my home was subject to a house fire and was completely burned down . All mortgage payments are upto date . I finally have contractors in place etc to rebuild . I believe my insurers will want an authorisation note from my mortgage lender in order for them to pay me on a cash settlement basis and then I can in turn manage the build and pay the contractors.

Will this authorisation be easy to get , am I entitled to proceed as above ?

Re: Mr lons

You will need to consult your lender properly on this.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

thanks , I understand the caution ref liability but was just looking for a view , I am being told the mortgage company will just need to see evidence that I intend to rebuild ?

Comment

This doesn't happen very often and every lender has a different internal set up so it is difficult to know how far they will want to be involved in supervising what is done.

Most mortgage deeds incorporate wording that prevents you doing any building work without the lender's consent so they would be able to use that to insist you complied with their requirements if they wanted to get involved in the fine detail.
        RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
        As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
          X