Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance Issue / Responsbility for repair - leasehold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Issue / Responsbility for repair - leasehold

I have a leasehold house. My neighbour's shower leaked into my kitchen wall. The freeholder gave me the insurance details and I made a claim against the insurance which was upheld by the insurers. Unfortunately the insurers are sending the cheque for the builder to the freeholder and she is not forwarding it on, or the insurers are failing to reissue the cheque. Four months have now passed and I have still not managed to get the money to the builder. The freeholder is ignoring my requests to take action regarding obtaining payment for my builder, and to agree how the excess (£350) will be split amongst us. The lease stipulates that maintenance costs should be split 50% to me 25% to each of the flats although it also mentions that we all have a duty to maintain our property and any breach affecting another tenant is the responsibility of the tenant breaching said covenant.

Clearly this situation is not going to be resolved without legal intervention, but I am unsure what action I need to take.

All help welcome
Working...
X