Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Neighbour over Access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Neighbour over Access

Hi there, first time poster and hopefully somebody maybe able to help with a dilemma im having.

I own a terraced House which has an alley way in between myself and my neighbours house.

Now this maybe a little strange but next door actually own the alley on their title deeds and we have a 'right of way' down the alley for taking rubbish out etc.

The next door property has been rented for the last 12 months (when the owners relocated) and these tenants have now decided to fill the alley up with building materials and loads of general rubbish so we can longer gain access in and out.

I have asked them twice to move the items which they have said they would but haven't bothered.

I don't particuarly like confrontation but I am getting exceedingly mad. I have lived at my property 12 years and never had a problem. The Landlords of the property arent particularly friendly people and I know my next step is to write to them.

But If I have any problems with them do I have any legal rights?

Any advice would be greatly appreicated.

Re: Problem with Neighbour over Access

If as you say you have a 'right of way' through the alley (presumably it says so in your Title Deeds) then you most certainly do have legal rights.

Richard and/or Justin will be able to answer you much better than I can and I'm sure they will be along soon.

If the owners (landlords) used an Estate Agent to let the house out they might be the managing agent so you could contact them if you know who they are.

Comment

Give the tenants (with copy to landlord) a letter giving them 7 days to move the rubbish and warn them you will do so if they don't. If they don't, you move it after that time if possible lob over fence into their garden (making sure it doesn't fall on any children, animals etc) or leave in their front garden if there is one.
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Thank you for your advice. This is what I was exactly thinking of doing.

Comment

Excellent advice from Richard as always

Comment

Working...
          X