Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lease Extension with Purchase - Confirm it was complere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JustinN
    replied
    Re: Lease Extension with Purchase - Confirm it was complere?

You certainly should have title registers referring to the new (extended) lease and showing you as proprietor

I suggest you write to your solicitor, pointing this out, and insisting on his comments within (say) one week, failing which you want to invoke his complaints procedure - he should then send you written details of that procedure for you to follow

If he does not, or if you are not satisfied with the outcome of that procedure, you can refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman; see:
    Legal Ombudsman - start your complaint

Leave a comment:

• Lease Extension with Purchase - Confirm it was complere?

Hi,

I purchased a property which completed in June. As part of the sale the sellers were to extend the lease back to 99 years. We decided to pay some towards this and got 90 years added to the lease instead.

The only documentation the solicitor has sent me since completion is the 'Completion of Registration' document. However this document doesn't mention anything about the new term, instead it outlines the original lease.

My solicitor isn't responding to any emails or phone calls.

Is there anyway I can check the current lease length?
    Should I have expected any more documentation after completion?

Thanks in advance,
    Ben.
Working...
X