Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fees for extending lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fees for extending lease

Just really after a 'ball park' figure for likely average fee that I would be charged to extend lease on my flat. I am quarter owner of F/H which is self-run by management company. Property is worth 170k approx. Lease was 99yrs in 1877.

Re: Fees for extending lease

You can get an ideal of the likely premium by using the ready reckoner at Leasehold Advisory Service: Free advice on residential leasehold law - please note that, in addition, you will be liable for the landlord's solicitor's and valuer's fees, as well as your own
    This is based on my experience as a conveyancing solicitor in England, but I do not accept liability for information I give in this forum

Comment

Re: Fees for extending lease

I am quarter owner of F/H which is self-run by management company.
      If you are a quarter owner of the freehold I would think that the other co-freeholders were unreasonable whatsits if they charged me anything other than legal costs for extending the lease.

If the lease was 99 years from 1877 then it has already expired in 1976!
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
      X