Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with a conservatory and consent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a conservatory and consent

Hello,

I have recently erected a conservatory to the rear of my house.

The house I live in is part of a series of ex-farm buildings built in 1881 and curtilage listed in 1989. My house though, was built (it is attached to the end of the original barns) in 1989. I was under the impression that my house would not be subject to the same restrictions as the others, as it was built way later than the 1948 condition of curtilage listing.

There was a stable on the site of my house which was built in 1974, and I have pictoral evidence showing that there is no way the two buildings (my house, and the stable) are in any way similar. It is evident that the house is new, and not a conversion.

Further to this, the listing in 1989 removed the permitted development right for each of the properties. Consequently, the council now insist I need both listed building consent and planning permission.

Can anyone offer me any advice? I'm a bit befuddled by the whole thing.

Many thanks in advance, and apologies for the lengthy post.
    R.
Working...
X