Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garage??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage??

This may seem a bit strange but...
    I bought a house about three years ago a mid terraced 3 bed.. Now alot of the other houses in my road have a "garage in seperate block".. Mine didn't or so I thought Now I have a few extra keys I dont know what they are for and several of the other home owners thought that the old man who used to live here had a garage.. His daughter sold me the house after he died and she didn't seem to know nor did the estate agents.. I'd have thought that details would be on the original deeds but from what I was told the garages were built and sold off some 10 years after the houses were built.. Have tried my keys in a few of the locks but some of them are so rusted up I really cant tell...
    Could it be I do have a garage that I didn't know about??? and if so how do I find out??

Re: Garage??

If there is a garage included in the (presumably registered) title you bought, you will own it and its location will be shown on the title plan. If it is not included in the registered title you bought, then you did not buy it
    This is based on my experience as a conveyancing solicitor in England, but I do not accept liability for information I give in this forum

Comment

Originally posted by JustinN View Post
      If there is a garage included in the (presumably registered) title you bought, you will own it and its location will be shown on the title plan. If it is not included in the registered title you bought, then you did not buy it
      i agree, if it isnt included in your house documentation then you dont own it.
      check it and if problems go see your solicitor
      We have debt solutions to help you get out of debt problems

Comment

What did the house documentation include?

Comment

Working...
        X