Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Title Deeds Affecting HMO Application - Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Deeds Affecting HMO Application - Scotland

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to help me in my query.

We are in the process of applying for a Hosuing in Multiple Occupancy liscence for a 4 bedroom flat and another person in the building has raised an objection to the application.

As well as some unfounded claims about noise and parking problems they cite a section of the title deeds written at the time of the complex's construction relating to the conditions. It states there that flats cannot be subdivided or contain more than one family.

Will this deeds condition mean that our application is going to be denied? Is there any course we can take to better ensure application approval or any way the deeds can be altered to prevent them doing this?

Their actions are based purely in spite against the previous occupants, but their point about the deeds seems to be a valid method to prevent the liscence being granted meaning we would be unable to live in the building.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Re: Title Deeds Affecting HMO Application - Scotland

Sorry - I cannot help here, as Scottish law will apply
    This is based on my experience as a conveyancing solicitor in England, but I do not accept liability for information I give in this forum

Comment

Originally posted by JustinN View Post
      Sorry - I cannot help here, as Scottish law will apply
      Well hopefully someone else can. Although reading through the forums, you appear to be the only person helping people Justin!

Comment

That is whgy I felt it appropriate to explain why I cannot help in this case - perhaps there is a Scottish equivalent of this forum?
        This is based on my experience as a conveyancing solicitor in England, but I do not accept liability for information I give in this forum

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good forum for Scotland? Or can anyone advise me please?

Many thanks =)

Comment

You could try Scottish Law Online Discussion Forum - Legal Advice and Questions

Comment

Working...
            X