Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy to let problem with IAP now IAP Global!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy to let problem with IAP now IAP Global!!

Hi all,
    Went into a property purchase with IAP back in 2004. Paid reservation fee and deposit. Here I am now in 2010 and I'm being asked to complete. Problem is I went into this with my husband who sadly passed away last year and there is simply no way I can finance it. Does anyone know where I might stand legally if I don't complete, I have informed the solicitors acting for both me and the vendor but am getting nowhere. I have grave concerns about the valuations that IAP put on these properties and have seen and heard some real horror stories. Any help / advice appreciated.

Re: Buy to let problem with IAP now IAP Global!!

6 years seems an astonishing period of time for them to suddenyl chase this up.

Did you sign a contract? If so, do you have a copy, and who signed? If they have a legitimate claim I would think there would need to be a contract, in which case the devil is in the details of it IMO.

Comment

Re: Buy to let problem with IAP now IAP Global!!

Brian is right - it all depends on the contract
      This is based on my experience as a conveyancing solicitor in England, but I do not accept liability for information I give in this forum

Comment

Working...
      X